If your child has anything in common with my little boy who is absolutely obsessed with trains, then this list of miniature railways and historic train ride locations for birthday parties might come in handy!
Como Gardens Minature Train
Listed in no particular order:
1) Diamond Valley Minature Railway, Eltham have special train bookings for parties/events along with site hire. This is one of the best miniature railway rides in Melbourne to visit.
If you can't afford to privately book the train, then general rides are only $3 each, and there is a great playground next to the train station that you could hold a party in.
2) Como Gardens is a stunning privately owned property in The Basin (at the foothills of the Dandenong Ranges) that boasts it's very own miniature railway. Private functions can be arranged by contacting the owners.
3) Bellarine Heritage Train Rides offer private carriage hire for birthday parties with 20 guests or more. They can also arrange catering if needed. All prices are available by contacting the railway on the details below.
Bellarine Heritage Railway - Picture from Bellarine Railway FB Page
4) Campbelltown Miniature Railway located in Narre Warren North is likely to be one of the cheapest options of them all. Collin and Nancy, now aged in their senior years,have designed, built and operated the railway since 1984. Whilst some reviews are mixed on the railway rides, the kids still love it! From memory (as they don't have a website) you can host a birthday party in the garden, using the picnic tables and toilet facilities as long as each member of the party buys a train ticket (call Nancy first to book/check prices). Tickets are priced at $4.50 for the shorter ride and $6 for the longer one.
- Open every Sunday 11am-5pm
Bambini Early Learning Centres are set to host the Bayside Treasure Hunt and Open Day on Saturday 8th December. Families can get their thinking caps on and look for clues around any of the Bayside centres, with the chance to win a $1000 JB Hi-Fi voucher, just in time for Christmas!