Have you heard of the Premier’s Active Challenge? It is an initiative of Victorian Government, to promote healthy and active lifestyles, encouraging Victorians to participate in a fun way.
How does it work?
In April, Victorians are asked to do at least 30 minutes of physical activity a day. By participating, you can log your daily pursuits online via the Active April Activity Tracker. You can then follow your progress throughout the month, as well as create and join teams if you want to, which leads to rewards for your virtual Trophy Cabinet.
If you choose to participate in the 2016 Premier’s Active April, you will automatically receive:
• 10 free passes to a participating YMCA or local government facility
• 15% off at Sportsmart in store and online
• one free hour tennis court hire at Melbourne Park or Albert Reserve
• one free Get into Cardio Tennis session
• a 2 for 1 ticket offer to SEA LIFE Melbourne Aquarium
• a chance to win some great prizes, such as entry into the draw to win tickets to the 2017 Australian Tennis Open Finals, a $1,500 bike voucher or a GoPro Camera
Workplace incentives include the chance to win personal training sessions with Step into Life. You can go into the draw to win a cooking demonstration by Nutrition Australia, or a free Get into Cardio Tennis session for up to 20 people, provided by Tennis Victoria.
Regardless of your level of fitness, being active for 30 minutes a day isn't too hard to do, think of it as an opportunity to go for a walk with your friends, family or work mates and enjoy the fresh Autumnal Melbourne air.
One of the world’s most famous stories is being brought to life this summer by Playhouse Pantomimes! Join them on a magical journey through a mystical world in their mesmerising current production of 'Alice in Wonderland.'
Dining out with the kids is not always easy, but it can be even harder trying to find family-friendly options when you are vegetarian, vegan, paleo or gluten free. If you can relate to this, make Plant Based Mum your go-to blog.