Located about 50kms north east of Wilsons Promontory we planned to explore a bit more of the state of Victoria and this place was ideally situated between the prom, 90 mile beach and Tarra Bulga National Park, as well as some other lovely little seaside towns, beautiful countryside and stunning waterfalls.
We had imagined a great week of day trips out in our beloved family minivan, and we LOVED exploring South Gippsland, but we hadn't realised that our holiday home would be equally brilliant. So here is my short list of 'Reasons you should visit Warraview'.
1. The Location - Between the prom, the lakes, 90 mile beach, Tarra Bulga and Nooramunga National Parks this is a gem of a find in terms of location and it's also beautiful! Fields roll into the distance, sunrise and sunsets provide stunning skies, birds sing and yet it's peaceful and quiet too. This place is worth a visit.
Sunrise in the countryside
2. The food - Breakfast is included! Every day our host brought us coffee, milk, butter and bread, cereals were provided too and homemade jams! Yum!
3. The animals - our 3 year old LOVED feeding the horses, goat, chickens and ducks - what a treat! He even got to collect an egg on one morning. He was so excited, he cherished it as if he had laid it!
4. The quiet - I think I had forgotten what quiet was until this week! Wonderfully peaceful early mornings are not something you can experience in the city, or with small children for that matter, but out in rural gippsland this is actually possible.
Learn how to take amazing family photos with your smartphone!
5. The hosts - Mick and Karen are wonderful people. Quick to be kind and generous, excellent hosts who are friendly and welcoming whilst giving you the space you need on holiday.
6. The pool - we loved coming back after our adventures to the refreshingly cool pool for a dip in lovely garden surroundings. It was just the right size to get our 3 year old into enjoying the water.
7. The simplicity - whilst there's no proper kitchen, theres enough equipment inside at the breakfast bar to do easy holiday food (microwave, kettle, toaster, sandwich toaster) and use of a barbecue outside as well.
8. The comfort - we loved the rustic styling of the place, with comfortable bedrooms and carpet under foot, a novelty for us!
9. The price - a total bargain! Get booking in quickly as they've been busy since opening on Boxing Day 2017!
It seems Australia just keeps on giving when it comes to amazing adventures, and this area is so close to Melbourne; only 3 hours drive away. A rural retreat for the whole family. We will be visiting again.