Do you want to take better photos of your family in their everyday moments? You're invited to a family-friendly photography picnic on Saturday 24th March, created especially for mums and bubs!
1. Mazes: There are 3 unique mazes to explore; a tall traditional hedge maze that twists and turns and is full of dead ends. There's the turf maze that's great for toddlers and has a topiary Loch Ness Monster and also the children's maze which has a series of themed gardens to explore.
2. Tube slides: These are always on the top of my kids list of things to do when we visit. With 5 tube slides in total it's always a sea of laughing children pulling their tube back up the hill before screaming back down one of the runs. The excitement is contagious. The surrounding garden here is also the most popular spot for birthday parties and picnics.
3. The Bush Adventure Scramble: Is a fun obstacle course built just for kids.
4. 3D Spooky Maze: Is an indoor maze that is a sound, light and image overload. With 3D painted images, blacked out rooms and moving tunnels all whilst wearing 3D glasses. It is not for everyone but the older kids will love it. My kids find it too scary so best to make your own judgement.
Learn how to take amazing family photos with your smartphone!
5. Enchanted Sculptures: The sculptures here are amazing and well worth a walk around the gardens to see them all. Created by talented artists using wood, wrought iron, terracotta, clay, stone and topiary they really stand out along the way.
6. The Canopy Walk: is a suspended path with 6 timber bridges and 5 cloud platform stations set in the native bushland. The walk is pram and wheelchair friendly.
7. Brain Teaser Puzzles: There are 4 giant puzzle's in total that are designed to test the problem solving skills of your family.
All of the above 7 options are available with general admission tickets that cost $29 for adults and $19 for children. I think it's pretty good value especially if you pack a picnic and spend a few hours there.
If all of that isn't enough then it's time to check out these:
8. The Big Zip: Strap yourself into the harness and take a leap of faith of the platform before zipping down the length of the garden and across the lake. The zip line is 200 metres in total and participants need to be 135 cm and taller. A turn on the Zip line adds $10 to the general entry price.
9. Nippers Tree Surfing: My kids absolutely love doing the nippers course and are frequently asking to go back to do it again. In total there are 30 challenges at heights up to 5 meters off the ground and is similar to the bigger Grand course. It is challenging enough to make some of the older children nervous with excitement. I highly recommend it and I enjoyed doing it with the children. It costs $49 adults and $39 kids including general admission and lasts around an hour.
10. Tree Surfing Grand Course: This is one for the adults and older kids over 135 cm tall. It includes 50 aerial obstacles and 5 zip lines. Doing this obstacle course made me feel like a child in a grown ups body. You have to experience the Grand Course at least once in your life. It costs $59 adults and $49 kids.
The Enchanted Adventure Garden is located at 55 Purves Rd, Arthurs Seat and is open every day of the year except for Christmas Day.