We are lucky with the choice of events and activities happening in Victoria's capital city this winter, but school holiday activities can incredibly costly for Melbourne Mums.
That's when savings vouchers come in handy such as those found on Small Ideas; a coupon book and app specifically designed for Melbourne families.
Small Ideas App
The Small Ideas voucher book and app is the brainchild of Melbourne Mum, Belinda Small. While there are other voucher books available to Melbourne folk, Belinda saw a need to create a savings book specifically designed just for kid related places and activities in Melbourne and beyond.
Join in on the NEW Art of Beer tour of Melbourne, which will cover the city's relationship with beer, its history and the best places to drink and enjoy beer.
The Small Ideas voucher book is now in its 4th published year and offers Melbourne parents discounts, freebees and 2-for-1 deals for child related places, shops and activities in Victoria's capital city.
Recently, Small Ideas went 'digital' by offering an app membership whereby all the vouchers you have in your book, are paperless, and can be redeemed from your phone at any time.
We have used our Small Ideas book and app on numerous occasions, saving $$ on various kid-related activities.
Here are the savings you can make too, if you have a Small Ideas voucher book / app
1. LEGOLAND® Discovery Centre Melbourne. Batman is in the house these school holidays and your family can save 20% off with Small Ideas. That’s a $26 off 4 people.
LEGOLAND® Discovery Centre Melbourne
2. GESAC Pirate Themed aquatic centre in the City of Glen Eira offers an adventure water playground for little ones and 2 super slides for older kids. Small Ideas customers get FREE family entry. That’s a $25 saving.
GESAC c/o facebook.com/GESAConline
3. Visit Ballarat. If you’re looking to get out of Melbourne, but not too far Small Ideas offers BIG savings in Ballarat including discounted entry to Sovereign Hill, Kryal Castle, Tangled Maze & Ballarat Wildlife reserve.
4. The Big Freeze Festival. For a snow experience close to home, and one that is indoors so you don't need to worry about the weather, head to The Big Freeze Festival. Save 15% on all sessions with your Small Ideas membership.
The Big Freeze Festival
5. ScienceWorks. Receive 2 entries for the price of 1 with Small Ideas and if you go during the winter school holidays there is an incredible light exhibition called LightTime as well as an additional free activity called the Amazing Maze and Laser Maze and Forest within the Pumping Station.
LightTime at ScienceWorks image provided
Small Ideas membership is one $22 so the cost savings for Melbourne school holiday activities are absolutely worth it for that price.
You can purchase a digital Small Ideas membership Here
One of the world’s most famous stories is being brought to life this summer by Playhouse Pantomimes! Join them on a magical journey through a mystical world in their mesmerising current production of 'Alice in Wonderland.'
Dining out with the kids is not always easy, but it can be even harder trying to find family-friendly options when you are vegetarian, vegan, paleo or gluten free. If you can relate to this, make Plant Based Mum your go-to blog.